You can add an "update email address" link to your email campaigns to give your subscribers an easy way to update their contact information. If someone clicks the "update email address" link, they will be shown a form where they can enter their new email address. Once they submit that form, their email address will be updated automatically in your Direct Mail project.
Most of Direct Mail's built-in templates already include an "update email address" link. If the template you are using does not, you can add one easily:
- Switch to the Messages tab
- Select the message you'd like to edit
- Click to place the text cursor where you want the link to be. The footer of your email is a good location.
- Choose Edit > Insert Content > Update Email Address Link from the menu bar at the top of your screen
Converting an existing link into an "update email address" link
If you already have a link in your email that you'd like to convert into an "update email address" link, that's easy, too:
- In the Messages tab, click on your link to edit it
- In the popup window that appears, the "Link" text field should be set to
[update email address url]
If you can test if your link is working properly by previewing your message and clicking on the link. If it is working properly, you will see a message appear letting you know it is set up correctly.